Monday, February 28, 2011

oscar night


just a couple things:

1. gwyneth's performance. less than engaging. hard.to.watch.
2. normally love James Franco, but kiiinda annoyed by him hosting, he played up the stoner bit too much, no? and Anne, although a knockout, was a little giddy/crazy for my taste.
3. Natalie Portman is still my girl crush, times a million, even with a bunny in the oven. so gracious!
4. killer dresses: Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis, Kate Blanchett
5. Trent Reznor, best soundtrack = pretty awesome.

thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. yeah what was the deal with James Franco?

    and i LOVED Cate Blanchett's dress, she rarely gets it wrong.

    (and in reply, so far I'm loving King of Limbs but I need to give it more air time. Radiohead are one of my favourite bands so I think I'm a little biased too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. totally agree
    2. yes and yes (though I liked all of her looks and was impressed that her hair team managed to switch from wavy/up-do/straight all in one night)
    3. we bonded over cigs and Sparks one night at a backyard party, so I will always love her no matter what, but it must be said: she gives awkward speeches
    4. yes, yes, yes.
    5. agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cate's dress also knocked my socks of. i wish i looked like penelope and i have a crush on the poofy hair guy who won for his short. i LOVE nerds. it was funny to see reznor up there. i kept remembering my semi goth - grunge faze where i had his long haired images pasted all over my walls. hot.

    i am a giggler. so naturally i dug anne. she is too sweet. i can't not like her.

    oh the oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAN. SPARKS? NATPORT? jealous.

    Bianca, I loved the nerd alert too...such a Napoleon Dynamite kinda guy. glad he won.

    ReplyDelete